Changing Lives Foundation is a Colorado Nonprofit Corporation which helps families and friends who are looking for help with a loved one struggling with addiction, alcoholism or substance abuse. We provide guidance with clear, concise information—on substance abuse, drug addiction and alcoholism. Perhaps more importantly, we focus on how families recover from these problems.
We partner with organizations across the USA to provide resources (books, CDs, DVDs and workshops) to help educate families and friends who are searching for answers. We provide phone counseling on a very limited basis to family members.
We are convinced that people can recover and make dramatic changes in their lives.
About Joe Herzanek
Joe Herzanek, a man who battled his own demons of addiction over thirty years ago, says, “I know people can change. If I can do it, anyone can!” Joe’s own life struggles and practical advice offer hope and solutions to those living amidst the turmoil of someone’s alcohol and drug abuse.
From age 13 to 29, Joe battled his own drug and alcohol addiction—finally receiving treatment. He now has over 33 years of abstinence from substances. Treatment gave him the information and structure needed to begin his journey of recovery.
Joe Herzanek is the president and founder of Changing Lives Foundation and currently serves as Chaplain at the Boulder County Jail (Boulder, CO). He previously spent over twenty years working in the criminal justice system as the Chaplain at various Colorado Criminal Justice Facilities and as a Certified Addiction professional. Joe is the former host of Recovery Television, speaker, producer of several DVDs, including “The 10 Toughest Questions Families and Friends Ask About Addiction and Recovery” and author of the award-winning book "Why Don't They Just Quit? What families and friends need to know about addiction and recovery."
His passion is to help men and women who are struggling with addiction, as well as providing answers and solutions to family and friends who are searching for ways to help their loved-one begin the road to recovery.
Joe Herzanek and his wife Judy have three (adult) children, Jami, Jake, and Jessica, and enjoy the beautiful Colorado outdoors with their two Cairn Terriers, Lewis and Clark.
Joe offers words of encouragement:
“Addiction is not a hopeless situation,” he writes. “Addicts and alcoholics aren’t crazy, and they can quit.”
More info and testimonials here
Contact Joe Herzanek
Colorado State Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor: CAC II
Workshops and phone consultations
with author/addiction counselor Joe Herzanek
—specialized to your unique situation
• Colorado State Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor: Level II
• President: Changing Lives Foundation, Est. 2007
• Thirty years experience working with/counseling alcohol and drug dependent men, women and their family members
• Former Boulder County Jail (Boulder, CO) Chaplain, 17 years (1993-2010)
• Award-winning author of the book “Why Don’t They Just Quit? What families and friends need to know about addiction and recovery”
• BCBC, Board Certified Biblical Counselor
• Ordination, 1996 Rocky Mountain Christian Church, Niwot, CO
• Former host of “Recovery Television”
• Public Speaker/Workshop Presenter
• Intervention Training: National Center for Intervention, Madigan Training Center, Denver, CO
• Member: NAADAC: National Association for Addiction Professionals
• Member: AACC: American Association of Christian Counselors
• Member: Toastmasters International
• Member: ACA: American Correctional Association
• Liability Insurance: 1mil/3mil Allied Healthcare Professionals
• Member: BBB
• References available upon request
Additional info and testimonials
Return from About Changing Lives Foundation and Joe & Judy Herzanek to Home
See other addictions:
Alcohol | Club Drugs | Marijuana | Cocaine | Meth | Ecstasy | Methadone | OxyContin | Heroin | Prescription Drugs |Dual Diagnosis | Meth addiction
Changing Lives Foundation Changing Lives Foundation Changing Lives Foundation